- Keep yourself organized with a wedding planning binder. Purchase a 3 ring binder and put tabs, pocket folders and sections to keep track of your papers and ideas.
- Christmas is a great time to begin to assemble the addresses for your wedding invitations. You may already be assembling addresses for your Christmas cards. You may also see distant relatives over the holidays and can get missing addresses for your list. If you are sure that your Christmas card list is the same as your invitation list, you can include your save the dates with the cards.
- Take advantage of the after Christmas sales! You can get some real bargains on things for the wedding such as candles, strings of lights, wrapped chocolates and even clothes for your honeymoon.
- Having a holiday party? What a great time to take advantage of testing out a caterer, florist or a baker. You can get a feel for their work and if you like their product enough to book them for the wedding.
- Schedule your hair and makeup trail right before you attend a holiday gathering. You will be able to test out your wedding look, plus you will look great for your holiday party.
- If your family asks for a wish list, do not be afraid to ask for a few things for the wedding. You could ask for shoes, jewelry, or even a gift certificate for the salon where you will get your wedding day hair and makeup done.
- Most of all relax and enjoy the holidays. Don’t worry if wedding planning is put to the side for a little bit. You can get right back to it after the holidays.